KVA Conference 2016
In 2016 the Kenya Veterinary Association (KVA) will hold its 50th Annual Scientific Conference and 16t World Veterinary Day celebrations at Three Steers (Nairobi Pacific) hotel in Meru county-Kenya from 27th to 30th April, 2016.
The conference programme will include oral paper and poster presentations and lightning talks relating to all aspects of the veterinary profession for socio-economic transformation and welfare creation, but with a particular focus on the following themes:
- Farm animal practice
- Companion animal practice
- Animal welfare and disaster management
- Wildlife health and conservation
- Disease control and epidemiology
- immunology and diagnostics
- Public health and zoonoses
- Ethno-veterinary medicine
- Governnace and jurisprudence
- Pharmacology and toxicology
- One Health
- Cross cutting issues (communications, emerging and re-emerging issues and emerging livestock)
The conference begins on Wednesday 27th April through to Friday 29th April featuring full programme paper presentations and posters, with keynote talks from our guest speakers (see next tab).
Click to download the preliminary programme (published April, 2016)
Abstract submission is now closed
Guidelines for abstract submission
- All abstracts must be submitted on-line not later than 14th March 2016 to the Annual Scientific Conference Secretariat, email@example.com
- An author may submit more than one abstract
- The author who submits the abstract will be notified of the receipt of abstract and an assigned abstract number by organizers. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence.
- Authors should select their presentation preferences either as a poster or oral presentation. Final decision on the presentation type will be made by the Conference Scientific Committee.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the Conference Scientific Committee. Submitting authors will be notified as to whether their abstract has been accepted, as well as the date, time and form of their presentation latest by 30th March 2016
- The Conference Scientific Committee reserves the right to allocate abstracts into sessions as they see fit in accordance with the overall program objectives.
- Abstract presenters must provide full/completed power point presentation to the Scientific Conference Secretariat not later than 15th April 2016
- If the original presenting author is unable to present the abstract, it is the authors’ responsibility to ensure that one of the co-authors takes over presentation. Any change of the presenting author needs to be communicated in the form of a written statement to the Conference Scientific Committee
- For withdrawal of their abstracts before the final program is completed, please contact Dr Abraham Sangula (Chairman, Scientific Committee; Dr. John Githiori, Editor, Scientific Committee or Scientific Conference Secretariat, firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 31st March 2016
Instructions for Preparing Abstracts and Submission
- All abstracts must be written in English. Please write concisely and clearly and follow this structure:-
- Objective of the Study
- Material and Methods
- Recommendations/Way forward
- All abstracts must be approved by all authors before submission. The corresponding author will receive all communication and is responsible for informing the other authors of the status of the abstract.
- Presenter Name & Title & Address— List the full name and title of the person who will present the paper. List the name of the department, institution and full postal address (including postal office box, code and country, e-mail)
- Authors’ names and other details should be entered in the appropriate fields.
- Select the relevant topic you are submitting your abstract.
- Select the presentation type (oral or poster)
- Title of abstract: The title should be short but descriptive. Title should be entered in the “Title Field”.
- Abstract text should be entered in the “abstract field”. Abstract should be between 300-600 words. The system will not accept the submission of the abstract if it is more than 600 words.
- Abstracts must use correct grammar and punctuation. Abbreviation should be defined.
- Please be informed that your abstract should not contain spelling, grammar or scientific mistake because your document will be reproduced exactly as submitted.
- Linguistic accuracy is the responsibility of the author and the abstract will not be accepted without signing of interest discloser.
- Changes are not permitted after 31st March 2015 deadline.
- Tables can be inserted in the conclusion according to the following rules.
- Maximum number of table: 2
- Minimum number of rows: 1
- Maximum number of rows: 15
- Maximum number of columns: 2
Instructions for Poster Presentation
- The board must be oriented in the upright position
- A banner displaying your poster title, name, and department should be positioned at top-centre of the board
- Text should be readable from 2 meters away. Use a minimum font size of 18 points
- The entire poster must be mounted on a 70 x 90 cm. board (to be provided)
- Lettering for the title should be large (at least 70-point font). Use all capital letters for the title
Delegate fees are as follows:
* Note: discounted rates are available to all veterinary students within Kenya and the East Africa region.
** Conference fees includes: the conference program, abstract book and proceedings and daily refreshments (2 teas and one lunch).
MODES OF PAYMENT
- Direct bank deposit:
- Account name: Kenya Veterinary Association
- Bank: Barclays bank, Westlands branch
- Account No: 0731359571
- N/B: Send scanned bank payment bankslip to email@example.com
- Address to “Kenya Veterinary Association”
There are two ways to register:
- Complete our online registration form Register online now.
- Download and fill the registration form and submit it at the registration desk (during conference attendance)
- Pay and register on-site during the first day of the conference.
Cancellation more than 2 weeks before the event Full refund minus 10% of total for administrative chargeCancellation between 2 weeks and 3 days before the event 50% refundCancellation less than 3 days before the event 25% refundCancellation after the start of the event No refund
Please send any queries regarding conference registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Delegates are responsible for their own accommodation arrangements. A list of suggested hotels close to the conference venue is available below:TRAVEL
The conference will be held at Three Steers (Nairobi Pacific) hotel in Meru county-Kenya.
Please direct any queries to email@example.com
The generous support of our sponsors has greatly assisted to widen participation in the event and is greatly appreciated. Please view our esteemed sponsors by Clicking here
The Conference will provide the perfect forum for companies actively involved in the veterinary and relevant sectors to promote their products and services. There are many attractive sponsorship and advertising opportunities available to increase your company’s brand to your key target markets ranging from small to high level packages. Packages can also be individually tailored to suit your requirements.
To discuss sponsorship opportunities directly please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Organising Committee for the 50th KVA Annual Scientific Conference and 16th World Veterinary Day Celebrations is pleased to announce the preliminary programme is now available for download . Conference speakers and chairpersons are currently being confirmed as well as the 16th World Veterinary Day celebrations and concurrent session topics. To be a part of the program and share your research with peers, don’t forget to Register online .
- The preliminary program has been updated and is now available for download. The preliminary program is current as at 18th April, 2016.
- Kenya Veterinary Association Election Nominees are now available online Click to view
- Conference updates can be followed on twitter using the hashtag: #50KVACONF2016 or follow us on twitter and facebook
- The conference presentations are now available online here