Short Term Project Coordinator – Livestock Identification and Traceability Project
The Kenya Veterinary Association (KVA) is a membership professional association for Veterinary Surgeons whose mandate is primarily to promote the economic development and welfare of its members as well as to safeguard the health and welfare of animals with an overall aim of enhancing farmers’ economic welfare. Towards this end, the Association in collaboration with key partners is involved in identification and traceability project in the Country. The Association is in the process of recruiting a Project coordinator on a short contract (4 Months) to spearhead the project on a full-time basis.
The Project Coordinator will have the ultimate management responsibility for the project and will ensure that the project activities are completed on time in line with budgetary guidelines. The Project Coordinator will report directly to the KVA Executive Officer. The overall function of the Project Coordinator will be to implement the strategic goals and objectives of the project.
The position is based in KVA headquarters office with frequent travels to the project site.
- Program implementation, oversight and development
- Leads the implementation of the Livestock Identification and Traceability (LITS) project.
- Organizes trainings, roundtables, networking events and other activities to achieve the goals and objectives of the project.
- Work together with the project steering team, KVA NEC and management team for the success of the project.
- Develops work plans, budgets and progress reports as required by KVA, donors and other partners
- Maintains relationships with the donor, project partners and stakeholders in order to create a network in which peer-learning and experience-sharing can occur.
- Build a strong team and enhance teamwork during the implementation of the project
- Communication, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Represents the project in dealing with partners, government agencies, donor agencies and beneficiaries, and at public appearances.
- Ensures monitoring and evaluation activities and reports are completed on schedule
- Establish a baseline and progressively take note a document key findings and lessons learnt.
- Reviews and finalizes project reports
- Ensure the project team adheres to all the policies of KVA at all times
- Financial management and grant oversight
- Responsible for implementing activities in accordance with project or activity budgets.
- As accounting officer ensure sound management of finances, personnel, project facilities and risks in collaboration with the finance team.
- Consults with project accountant and Finance & Administration team regarding best practices for financial administration of project work.
- Develops and monitors the grant agreements and sub-agreements for project partners
- Ensure all the financial policies are adhered to by the entire project team.
- University Degree in Veterinary Medicine from a recognized institution.
- Member of the Kenya Veterinary Association (KVA) of good professional standing.
- Duly registered & retained by the Kenya Veterinary Board (KVB).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Project Management with demonstrated success in project planning, financial management, program monitoring, report writing, identifying and procuring technical assistance.
- Computer literacy.
- Experience in Livestock Identification and Traceability System (LITS), beef value chain programs is an added advantage
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities; comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines, creating and improving processes.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and mentoring skills with the ability to build relationships and work effectively with myriad stakeholders.
- A track record that demonstrates energy, creativity, ability to successfully prioritize and manage competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Experience in data processing
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV, stating qualifications, experience, current position and remuneration, phone contact, email address, name and addresses of two (2) referees, enclosing copies of relevant certificates/testimonials, by Monday 16th October 2017 to:
Hon Secretary, Kenya Veterinary Association, Head Office, Veterinary Research Labs, Kabete, P. O. Box 29089 – 00625 Kangemi Nairobi Kenya. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements and must be ready to begin work immediately. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted no later than Wednesday 18th October 2017.